Sean is in South Bend assisting Brendan Mullen in his campaign for US Congress. Politics, "Rudy" and Notre Dame football are the main topics in these interviews.
|Photo by James Brosher, South Bend Tribune|
• "Rudy" Actor Sean Astin in town to raise funds for Mullen:
Actor Sean Astin walked into Corby’s Irish Pub on Friday for the first time in nearly 20 years.
He hadn’t been back to the bar on East LaSalle Avenue since he was filming scenes there for “Rudy” — the 1993 movie in which he played Notre Dame football walk-on Daniel “Rudy” Ruettiger. Astin will always have a connection to South Bend in many people’s minds because of that role.Read full article on South Bend Tribune.
• Sean talks politics at Corby's Irish Bar, a location featured in "Rudy." South Bend Tribune video here.
• Interview on WNDU 16: watch video here.
• Interview with WSBT: watch video here.
• Sean on South Bend Fox 28. watch video here.
• Sean received the honorary status of alumnus at Holy Cross College ABC 57 News: